SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
This project related position will primarily be responsible for providing technology specific support and expertise to internal and external customers of SES Techcom Services. The incumbent will be involved in operational related tasks to ensure the availability of the provided services and to fulfil all contractual obligations.
The incumbent will be integrated and trained within an international team of highly skilled engineers and will gradually take more responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Support active services and take proactive and corrective actions to maintain service availability
* Support and after some time act as single point of contact to internal and external customers for information, support and possible problem resolutions
* Support relationships with the equipment manufacturing industry with the aim to develop up-to-date technical-commercial knowledge of relevant Satcom and IT systems
* Support the Commercial Group on pre- and after-sales processes
* Interact with other stakeholders (technical, product/service development commercial) for the definition of technical requirements of existing and new products/ services
* Analyze trends and recommend solutions and service improvement strategies
* Support logistics, maintenance and other organizational functions of ground Satcom and IT infrastructure owned by SES Techcom Services
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. SES is an equal opportunity employer.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
Qualification & Experience
* Hold a University Degree in Electronics / Telecommunications / ICT (Bachelor / Master), or equivalent qualifications
* Experience in telecommunication sectors is considered as an asset
* Acquaintance with IT systems, in particular network architecture & IP-services
* Knowledge of different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux)
* Knowledge of the satellite technologies and satellite based communication (teleports, VSATs) is considered as additional assets
* Fluency in English and a maximum of other languages
* Willing to travel internationally and meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide
Sound analytical and judgment skills
* Good troubleshooting skills
* Quick learner and Team player
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
* Good communication skills
* “Can do” attitude and self-starter.
Other Key Requirements / Comments
The incumbent might be involved in the below mentioned projects:
* Provision of Hosting Services
* Broadband over Satellite
* Setup and maintenance of contribution networks
* Maintenance of IT infrastructure
* Technical market research
To apply : click here