SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, Strategic Teleport Partners
Role Description Summary
As part of Global Technology, the Strategic Teleports Partners department ensures for the management of 3rd party teleport commercial relationships, including key associated services (e.g. fiber & IP).
Within this department we have a interesting opning for an experienced Engineer to support 3rd party teleport relationships. Furthemore, the engineer will be responsible for the management of all directly associated expenditures, budgets, overall cost control and strategy in conjunction with other key Engineering functions, Sales, Sales Engineering & Market Development.
* Provide direct support to the Manager, Strategic Teleport Partners to cost and provision satellite services on a global basis.
* Support CSD fleet development with internally generated monitoring requirements
* Manage and track commercial contracts with third party teleports. Negotiate technical, commercial, and contractual terms.
* Manage supplier accounts for both teleport and fiber services.
* Create and generate reports detailing both commercial and engineering aspects of services, plus input into periodic reviews to improve cost effectiveness.
* Manage Ground Infrastructure projects implemented at third party teleports. Highly focused on CSM and TT&C site requirements.
* Interface directly with Ground System Engineering and Operations groups to review project technical and operational requirements.
* Generate project plans and track costs for third party service implementations.
* Liaise directly with Sales, Accounting, Fleet Planning, Regulatory, and Market Development groups throughout the planning and implementation phases and major projects.
* Work closely with Legal group to develop and refine contractual documents required to implement third party services.
* Research, qualify, and select third party teleport sites as needed to support SES global projects.
* Pro-active and self-motivated;
* A positive team member;
* Ability to work with minimal levels of supervision in a dynamic environment;
* Ability to work in multifunctional project teams;
* Ability to respond quickly in a demanding international and technical environment;
* Ability to communicate effectively with international colleagues, customers and contractors in a multicultural environment;
* Analytical skills are essential;
* Good commercial understanding;
* Technical skills to include satellite engineering, rf engineering, and IP networking;
* Very good negotiation skills.
Qualification & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
* 7 years of experience in satellite network implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of which at least 3 years in an international & commercial environment;
* Strong understanding earth station design and engineering techniques as related to geostationary satellite operations;
* Knowledge of standard earth station equipment, such as antennas systems, HPAs, frequency converters and baseband equipment;
* Commercial, financial and market background in the satellite communication environment is considered as an asset;
* Industry knowledge of key ground segment equipment vendors and teleport operators;
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point;
* Knowledge of SAP;
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
Other Key Requirements
* Moderate international travel
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here