A requirement has arisen for a Principle Mechanisms Engineer to join the Mechanical Group at Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage.
You will be responsible for leading the design, development and test of mechanisms, encompassing all aspects from concepts and future prospects and trends, design, development, manufacture, verification, qualification and post-delivery support.
You will also manage the task or work package with a degree of financial, schedule and quality responsibility. This role encompasses a leadership position managing the technical tasks and work packages of other engineering staff and other departments. You will also approve design solutions and documentation, leading and advising the department and wider business unit on technical matters and being responsible for providing technical expertise and innovative ideas in support of product and process improvements. Main Activities and Responsibilities:
• Manage tasks and work packages given by line or project management and effectively communicate the outcomes
• Working from a requirement carry out analysis, design and test activities through to delivery without supervision
• Lead small design teams for specific tasks or work packages, managing other staff as appropriate
• Work with own and other departments using company standards, procedures, processes and work practices, participate in the definition of company processes
• Responsible for the design, development and test of deliverable items from concept through to delivery and post-delivery support
• Preparation of technical parts of bids and proposals including involvement with cost and schedule estimation
• Coaching junior department members in technical and engineering related activities to ensure knowledge transfer
• Conduct formal project technical management activities such as customer and supplier meetings, Non-conformance Review Boards, Request for Waiver/Deviation, Non-conformance Report and other project technical management activities
• Compile the material and present project design reviews and documentation associated with equipment deliveries
• Support meetings with customers and suppliers at home base and other premises
• With assistance from the Engineering Manager, manage the services of other departments necessary to undertake tasks and work packages
• Signing technical documentation as a sole checker
• Attend relevant technical conferences and trade events and present papers
• Generate ideas for Research and Development
• Participate in or lead technical peer reviews
- A degree (preferably Masters) in an applicable engineering discipline or other technical qualification with relevant work experience in lieu.
- Proven experience working with complex mechanisms, preferably space.
- Direct previous experience in the technical field or very similar field.
- Previous experience of all of the product life-cycle and responsibility for delivering similar products.
- Ability and willingness to work individually or as part of a team and perform a technical leadership role.
- Ability to work without supervision from department leaders.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here