SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Sales Manager, Defence & Security
Role Description Summary
The position is responsible for pre-sales, sales and post-sales activities, in the context of project acquisition, product sales and recurring services opportunities. The incumbent will either be involved or lead through the process of acquisition of Requests For Proposal (RFP), the identification and acquisition of service opportunities, the preparation and provision of proposals, the negotiation and the acquisition of contracts as well as the acquisition and leveraging of national and international funding in order to facilitate complex project business with a particular focus on Defence and Security segments.
Furthermore, the incumbent will have to supervise contract executions and will be in charge of contract management responsibilities and account management as required.
The incumbent will also be responsible to commercialize SES Techcom Services’ range of existing and future products and to manage existing customer relationships as well as sub-contractors while supervising contract execution.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Lead proposal preparation phase as bid manager, and ensure the coordination with cross-functional teams and external partners
* Lead commercial deal and contract negotiations with customers
* Interface with Ministries, Governmental organizations (ESA) and NGO’s (Non-Governmental Organisations) promoting new products & services solutions
* Promote SES products and services in the market, and coordinate the related marketing support as required
* Prospect for new governmental/ institutional business opportunities and accounts
* Identify and acquire new customers independently
* Qualify business opportunities, tenders, customers, issue proposals
* Identify and acquire potential political and financial support from public stakeholders (e.g. Luxembourgish Government, European Space Agency (ESA)…) to increase likelihood of project success and reduce business risks
* Generate revenues and backlog
* Constantly screen the markets on relevant industry trends and feedback customer and market requirements into the organisation, with a particular focus on civil and institutional business
* Manage the preparation of written proposals responding to RFPs (Request For Proposal), tenders and other deal opportunities, participate or lead commercial efforts on selected governmental / institutional infrastructure deals, prepare/make related presentations, follow-up, support negotiations and execute product/solution/support agreements in a timely manner and by pursuing agreed company interests
* As post-commercial phase, follow up projects with customers and coordinate commercial opportunities
* Support the Government Market Solution Centre and SES Sales (especially the Regional Government Champions)
* Represent SES at selected exhibitions, trade shows and conferences
* Ensure workflow of information among internal customers
* Support the preparation of the annual SES Techcom Services Operating Expenses budget
* Follow up and develop Business Plans for specific projects and/or entities
* Establish and exploit, on a non-exclusive basis, relationships with relevant stakeholders with the aim of providing customer solutions and of enhancing the fit of SES and SES Techcom Services portfolio
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), ability to interact with partners at all levels
* Ability to negotiate and close deals for high value communications services at Senior Management level
* Ability to lead cross departmental and large bid teams, including external partners
* Excellent team work and cross-functional cooperation
* Proactive approach towards potential customers
* Excellent project management skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong negotiation skills to close deals for services and products
* Problem solving skills (ability to find creative/pragmatic solutions along the principles and guidelines of the company)
Qualification & Experience
* Master Degree in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Electronics or equivalent; an additional MBA / Business Management Degree would be considered as an asset
* Minimum a ten year experience in the Satellite Telecommunications or Data Communications Industry, ideally in connection with governments or public institutions
* Broad experience and proven track record in the Defence & Security domain, in-depth understanding of specific procurement processes in Government, Defence & Security domain
* Hands-on experience in commercial and public deal structuring
* Existing contacts and relationships into the civil and/or defence administrations on national or pan-regional levels
* Existing entries into national Ministries of Defence (MoD’s), European Defence Agency (EDA), NATO
* Fluency in English; any other language is considered as an asset
* Willing to travel internationally
* Computer literacy: MS Office, MS Project
Other Key Requirements / Comments
* A NATO Secret clearance is mandatory
Key performance indicator
* Meet / exceed defined personal financial objectives and support TechCom to exceed revenue and growth objectives
* Provide effective communication & workflow of information
* Successful implementation of end-to-end projects
Main interfaces to other departments
* All SES Techcom Services teams
* SES Development Department
* SES Technology Department
* LuxGovSat S.A.
* Government MSC
* Sales Regional Government Champions
* Brussels office
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply : click here