SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Senior Engineer Central Sales Engineering
SES’ Central Sales Engineering (CSE) team is seeking a Senior Engineer to support SES’ global satellite initiatives. SES as the world’s leading satellite operator, and the first to deliver a differentiated and scalable GEO-MEO offering worldwide, is enhancing its resources to deliver end-to-end solutions in four key market verticals (Video, Enterprise, Mobility and Government). The Central Sales Engineering team with core technical responsibilities across all of SES’ regions and business units, is optimizing and expanding its capabilities to best support and facilitate these visions and market objectives. Our ideal candidate will possess solid satellite link budget and modeling skills and have a good understanding of satellite payload architectures. In this role, you will be responsible for providing advanced technical analysis and engineering support towards developing SES’ satellite based solutions and satellite design and operational trade-offs, and supporting the development of satellite based products (i.e. antenna terminals).
* Developing comprehensive link analyses and system level modeling, providing technical coordination, technical references and specifications.
* Providing satellite configuration management across SES fleet of satellites, (with a primary emphasis on SES EMEA and AP Satellites) interfacing with payload, operational, regional engineers, and satellite asset management team to assure the integrity of any satellite configuration changes. Must possess a good understanding of geostationary satellites and payloads.
* Defining and maintaining SES satellite data bases, satellite footprints, establishing technical references, establishing satellite operating points and standards.
* Lead the technical development of satellite based solutions, proposals and responding to complex customer opportunities by providing advanced satellite link analysis and technology evaluations. Must have a good understanding of geostationary satellite services and architectures. Understanding of GEO and NGSO satellite payloads a plus.
* Providing advanced technical analyses pertaining to spectrum related filings, coordination, and establishing acceptable operational levels. Efforts will support Spectrum and Regulatory teams evaluation of interference and constraint environments and providing link analyses in support of coordination and ITU/FCC filings to ensure investments in satellites are safe guarded. The successful candidate must possess a working understanding of satellite antenna compliance masks, satellite interference and coordination modeling and analyses.
* Providing Training and Documentation for SES’ fleet, support of satellite training (payload capabilities), development of technical user and reference guides, development of technical presentation material, maintaining satellite footprints and satellite data bases, and other relevant references.
* Assisting the development, testing, and deployment of our next generation link analysis and modeling tools.
* Supporting the transition planning activities associated with satellite transitions, working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams.
* Collaborate with cross functioning teams, including Commercial, Product Development (Mobility, Enterprise, Government), Spacecraft Engineering teams and Service Companies.
* Strong knowledge of satellite link analyses, satellite link modelling tools and associated dependencies;
* Demonstrate solid knowledge base on satellite technologies, systems and market aspects;
* Demonstrate good understanding of satellite payload architecture;
* Ability of sound analytical and decision making skills;
* Able to lead technical coordination efforts across different teams including ability to take responsibility for work packages and topics;
* Ability to translate complex technical requirements and analyses in a manner usable for varied audiences, of higher and lower technical knowledge;
* Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills with a customer centric perspective;
* Willingness to integrate into an international environment;
* Proactive approach towards system development and internal engagement, work both autonomous and in interdisciplinary teams;
* Teamwork and collaboration, ability to influence;
* Excellent analytical, research, computer, and internet skills;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Qualifications & Experience
* University or engineering degree (e.g FH, TH, IST, BSc, MSc) in telecommunications or related field;
* 7+ years of professional experience in satellite communications;
* Strong working knowledge of satellite link analysis and associated technical trade-offs;
* Working knowledge with database management and matlab a plus;
* Solid working and applied knowledge of Satcom equipment, RF technology, channel coding, (digital) modulation, communication protocols, signal processing, antennas, test equipment, wireless and wired communication.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here