A vacancy for a Propulsion Design Engineer has arisen at Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage to join the Spacecraft Propulsion Functional Design and Analysis team within the Mechanical Systems Group. The role will include leading propulsion design bids & studies, supporting new development and propulsion systems functional design and analysis. You will be the lead engineer in the department R&D reporting to the relevant Group Leader of the study area. You need to work independently and also as part of a team to achieve Propulsion Design Department & Airbus DS business objectives.
Main activities of the role:
- Design of chemical propulsion system architecture concepts to suit the mission objectives.
- Analysis of propulsion system performance at sub- system and system level for both commercial telecoms and ESA satellite programmes.
- Generating propulsion unit level and system level specifications.
- Design and derive the performance of the propulsion system to justify the mission objectives based on the component selection.
- Preparation of spacecraft system test plans, test requirement preparation, verification analysis including FMECA, design verification matrices and assessing test results.
- Concurrent engineering with system level interfaces mainly in the structural, thermal control, integration and test, attitude control and mission analysis disciplines.
- You will be responsible for technical documents and presentations in support of project technical reviews.
- Experience and solid knowledge of Aerospace mechanical engineering.
- Experience of Rocket Propulsion is an advantage.
- Propulsion system components knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge/Experience in Fluids and Pressure Vessels.
- Transferrable skills/knowledge from the Aircraft side could come from areas such as fuelling and/or full systems knowledge. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here