SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment
(Senior) Engineer,Spacecraft Subsystem (ADCS & Propulsion)
The ADCS & Propulsion Section within the Department of Satellite Engineering is responsible for the satellite in orbit attitude dynamics, attitude control, and propulsion subsystems across SES’s growing fleet of over 50 geostationary satellites. We are looking for applicants with dynamics, control and modelling education and background. An ideal candidate would also have satellite operational and/or satellite program professional experience related to attitude control subsystem hardware and software.
* Provide attitude dynamics, control and propulsion expertise to nominal and contingency operations of the satellite fleet. You will support day-to-day in-orbit operations including health monitoring, development of nominal and contingency procedures, as well as development of software tools related to satellite operations
* Provide 24/7 on-call engineering for management of satellite operational contingencies on the attitude control and propulsion subsystems of the satellite fleet
* Provide Attitude Determination and Control Subsystem (ADCS) hardware and software expertise in support to the generation of future satellite contract technical specifications, to the evaluation of construction proposals, and to the technical contract negotiations with satellite manufacturers
* Provide ADCS support to satellite construction programs, including attending unit, subsystem and system design reviews, unit testing and acceptance reviews, integrated satellite testing activities
* Prepare for the launch of new satellites, including orbit raising operations, in orbit testing, and development of the products required for the final in orbit operations
* Contribute to a continuous effort to improve safety and efficiency of operations of the satellites in orbit, including process, tools, monitoring
* Continuously strive to be aware of relevant technological developments, their implementation, validation, and provide input to the technical evaluation of future satellite proposals
* Travel as required to unit suppliers and satellite manufacturers for company purposes
Experience / Qualifications
* A Master’s Degree in Engineering, with a specialization which includes engineering dynamics and control
* At least (7) 2 years of applicable professional experience in satellite engineering and/or operations is desired. Recent Graduate applicants are welcome and will be considered
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with knowledge of at least one programming language. Proficiency with MATLAB and Python would be considered an advantage
* Ability to anticipate and mitigate risks, quickly react based on foreseen or unforeseen contingencies, face up to problems, and immediately take appropriate actions
* Fluency in English, with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* A valid driver’s license is required for on-call support
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here