Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
5 to 6 month internship, starting asap
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Government Market Solutions Center team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to the development and integration of the Rapid Response Vehicle Product and secure networks.
* Support the team during the integration and testing of the Rapid Response Vehicle. Rapid Response Vehicle is a mobile communications platform designed to accommodate a variety of requirements via its flexible satellite and baseband architecture for Military and Governmental customers.
* Contribute in defining the GMSC solution portfolio in the area of secure networks. The secure networks solutions catalogue has two main objectives:
* Unlock the +Network for Governmental customers: trusted combination of shared infrastructure (HTS environment, MEO/GEO, managed services, network isolation, etc)
* End to End secure networks: private NOC, comsec & transect optimization and new techniques, software defined networks.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience / Qualifications
* Being an advanced student in computer engineering or in a relevant technical area
* Strong interest in the governmental telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
* Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with Microsoft visio or autoCAD
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
* Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
* Work independently as well as in a team
* Easiness to communicate at all levels
* Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
* EU-25 nationality or work permit
To apply : click here