Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
6-month internship, starting asap (flexible)
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the SES Techcom System Engineering team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Luxembourg, you will investigate intersatellite links and their applicability to Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) type communication.
* Study the state of the art in the field of RF and optical intersatellite links and investigate their suitability for message based services;
* Define key performance indicators for an end-to-end service which includes space and ground segment;
* Develop a simulation model, which simulates the message exchange in a satellite constellation between satellites and satellites and user terminals;
* Identify areas which require further investigations and propose a way forward;
* Document research findings in a Technical Report (or MSc Thesis).
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
Experience / Qualifications
* Being an advanced student in satellite communications or in a relevant technical area;
* Strong interest in the bent-pipe and regenerative satellite payload and signal processing;
* Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with simulation tools (e,g. MATLAB, STK);
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
* Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access;
* Work independently as well as in a team;
* Easiness to communicate at all levels;
* Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
* EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
SES is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply : click here