Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
6-month internship, starting asap (flexible)
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the System Engineering team within SES Techcom in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Luxembourg, you will research and experiment with state-of-the-art technologies, such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), towards softwarization and virtualization of satellite ground segment for the provision of future Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) services over integrated satellite-terrestrial networks.
* State-of-the-Art Review of SDN/NFV technologies in terrestrial mobile networks and investigate their applicability for satellite M2M/IoT ground segment;
* State-of-the-Art Review of relevant open-source platforms and tools (e.g., OpenDayLight, Open5GCore, OpenSDNCore, Open5GMTC, OpenBaton, Hurtle, OpenStack Tacker, SONATA, OpenSAND, etc);
* Define reference architecture for SDN/NFV-based satellite ground segment for the provision of M2M/IoT services over integrated satellite-terrestrial networks;
* Develop a simulation test environment and experiment with selected open-source platforms and tools in order to evaluate the performance of the defined reference architecture;
* Identify areas which require further investigations and propose a way forward;
* Document your research findings in a Technical Report (or MSc Thesis).
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
* The possibility to apply for follow-up graduate studies and pursue your PhD Thesis on similar topic within an international acclaimed industrial organization and while working in relevant innovation projects.
SES is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience / Qualifications
* Being an advanced Master’s student in ICT, Networking or in a relevant technical area;
* Strong background in computer networking technologies;
* Strong computer programming language skills;
* Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites;
* Experience with relevant simulation and test tools;
* Excellent analytical and judgment skills;
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
* Computer literate (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
* Work independently as well as in a team;
* Easiness to communicate at all levels;
* Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset;
* EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
To apply : click here