Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
4-month internship, starting asap (flexible dates)
SES Techcom Services is the systems and service provider of choice for SES’s partners and customers. It acts as a business enabler, providing innovative, state-of-the-art products, end-to-end satellite solutions, and operational services tailored to our customers’ needs. We are committed to developing innovative solutions for e-government, e-health, e-education and worldwide emergency satellite communications such as rapid response during times of humanitarian crisis. We also provide broadband access to un-served and under-served communities to help build the digital divide.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the SES Techcom Services team in a fast-paced, growing organization within a dynamic and unique industry. Based in Betzdorf, you will help the team to continuously improve the tools and processes supporting the operation of our services.
* Take an active part to the analysis and the assessment of the different Broadband Services and Products that SES Techcom Services provides to its clients
* Present new ideas and concepts for Broadband Services and Products based on the outcome of the analysis
* Develop applications to provide automated statistics of the service level
* Create technical documentations describing the functionality of the broadband services
* Create a FAQ database system.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting experience opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience / Qualifications
* Being an advanced student in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Electronics or equivalent
* Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven communication skills
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
* Familiar with MS Office application tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Knowledge of Linux, XML, Java , MySQL, TCP/IP
* Ability to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team as well as independently, as required
* Can-do attitude
* Fluency in English, any other language is consider as an asset
* EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg is mandatory
To apply : click here