Assembly, Integration & Test ( AIT ) support engineer - JUICE (m/f)
Ref. No. 17- 13707
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
JUICE - JUpiter ICy moons Explorer - is the first large-class mission in ESA's Cosmic Vision 2015-2025 programme. Planned for launch in 2022 and arrival at Jupiter in 2030, it will spend at least three years making detailed observations of the giant gaseous planet Jupiter and three of its largest moons, Ganymede, Callisto and Europa.
In the frame of the JUICE Space project, Terma A/S is pleased to invite you to submit your application as Assembly Integration and Test ( AIT ) Support Engineer.
The scope of work is to provide a functional and operation support to the customer AIT team for preparation, execution and test result evaluation covering all activities of spacecraft testing and operation.
This is a full time position, located at our customer site (either) in Toulouse (France), (or / and) in Friedrichshafen (Germany) and in Kourou (French Guyana) depending on the experience of the candidate and customer needs in the domain of functional and operation AIT. You should be available for the Project period from Contract kick-off (expected beginning of 2018) up to Spacecraft FAR (01/06/2022)
The work of the AIT support engineer comprises for Engineering Model (EM) and Flight Model (FM):
• Engineering and preparation of the test sequences,
• Coding of test sequences and synoptics,
• Pre-validation of test sequences using a simulator,
• Data post-processing
• Complementary engineering and test coding, preparation and pre-validation on simulator (EM and FM),
• Participation to the team meetings (EM and FM),
• Participation to the operations during functional tests on EM spacecraft,
• Participation to the operations during functional tests, environmental tests and launch campaign on FM spacecraft
The functional Verification and operation of JUICE satellite comprises following activities:
• Understanding of functional test specification and translate into structured test concept
• Understanding of detailed user and operational manuals required to operate spacecraft
• Creation of executable SW code for test sequences
• Execution and debugging of test sequences
• Creations and / or adaptation of Synoptic Pictures
• Daily spacecraft operation during all kind of spacecraft tests
• EGSE setup and operation
• Data retrieval and data post processing
• Evaluation of test results and participating to test report preparation
• Participation the team meetings
• Participation to failure analyse board
• Spacecraft operation during environmental test campaign
• Spacecraft operation during launch campaign
• Daily coordination with the AIT lead and functional lead
Outputs: Test scripts, test procedures, operation descriptions and manuals, test reports
Qualifications & Competencies
We are searching for an experienced Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) Support Engineer with background in the space environment with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
Applicants shall have preferably a University degree in the domain of Telecommunications, Electronics, Systems, or Aerospace Engineering or other suitable equivalent qualification
• Good programming skills
• Good knowledge in electronic engineering
• Experience in satellite AIT engineering, functional and operational
• Good knowledge in UNIX/Linux/Windows usage and administration
• Knowledge of EGSE – ideally CCS5/TOPE
• Experience in preparation, coding and pre-validating of the test sequences
• Familiarity with quality standards: ECSS-Q-ST-10 and ECSS-Q-ST-20
• Languages: English fluent; German & French basics desirable
The candidate have to bring the willingness to travel between customer sites.
Candidates have to undergo a security clearance to enter customer premises.
Interested candidates may apply for each location indicating their availability on the project duration and ability to change location for each campaign.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mr. Guido Damm by telephone [+33 (0) 7.78.05.75.87] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed we would prefer that you apply through the link below with a Cover Letter explaining your background and expertise, as well as your earliest date of availability, and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Final closing date: October 1st, 2017
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.