Who we are
Innovation is at the heart of our company. A history forged from pioneering new technologies has changed the way we live, travel and interact – and it is this foundation that continues to push the boundaries of what we do.
At the Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO), we believe that contributing to a better, brighter future starts today.
Our mission: focus on breakthrough technologies and disruptive products while employing time-constrained demonstrators as principal mechanisms for maturing technologies.
Who you are
You are someone who is restless and impatient with a constant desire for progress and action. You are excited by difficult and close to impossible technical challenges and aggressive schedules. You get goose bumps from the thought of playing your part in advanced projects which will define the future of flight. Well balanced, you will also have the humility, openness, and collaboration skills which allow you do this working with the best talent across the world and one of the world's most powerful aerospace companies behind you. If you identify with these values and have the required qualifications we would love to have you as part of our team!
Why you should join us
Working at the Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is, to put it simply, something very special indeed. Collaboration, transparency and speed are the essential components of our team's culture, propelling us to accomplish the extraordinary.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we're looking to bring together the brightest minds to grow with us and realise the potential of tomorrow! We have a history of facing the future head on, and when it comes to the possibilities of tomorrow – you will find us working on them today.
Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO). Building the Future of Flight!
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Systems Engineer - Battery Safety Failure Analysis to join the E-Aircraft Systems project.
Hybrid and Electric Propulsion systems represent some of the biggest industrial challenges of our time. With the E-Aircraft Systems project, we are targeting advanced technological breakthroughs that could be key enablers of our long-term goal to ‘electrify the skies'.
Through electrification and hybridisation, we are driving a step change in air vehicle performance. This is enabled by the high efficiency of electric propulsion chains and also by allowing us to significantly rethink air vehicle design. These advances are opening up the design space and enabling us to look at new concepts and new markets previously impossible to envisage.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to:
• Develop Battery Systems for Hybrid- Electric Powertrains relevant for three power platforms, low, med and high power;
• Ensure and specify all the safety modes and preform all failure analysis;
• Requirements Management and Sub-System Specification and Design;
• Ensure technical assessment of technologies and right means of assessment and down selection for certain applications identification and selection of technology.
This position reporting to our R&T subsidiary Airbus Exo Alpha GmBH is to be based in Munich / Ottobrunn for a Fixed-Term Contract that will last for the duration of the E-Aircraft Systems program.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Specific responsibilities include
• Defining and specify all the safety modes and preform all failure analysis for battery technology.
• Identifying synergies with other applications and power classes.
• Performing design functionality, performance, failure (e.g. particular risk analysis) and reliability analysis.
• Supporting battery integration activities.
• Providing the required analysis results and document.
• Ensuring safety of the entire battery pack and product.
Your Boarding Pass
• Background in System Engineering with proven experience in Battery Technology and Safety.
• Profound knowledge in Battery Safety Analysis.
• Good understanding of technical requirements (Requirement based engineering, dev. processes, methods tools) and ability to challenge them in order to have the more efficient technical solution.
• Previous experience defining Research and Development tasks in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
• Validation and Verification process experience.
• Negotiation level in English. Knowledge of German or French would be an advantage.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop trusting and open relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached in English.
To apply : click here