SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
This project related position will primarily support the design, development and verification of Network Monitoring Systems, Operational Support Systems and Business Support Systems (NMS/OSS/BSS) for SES Techcom Services’ satellite broadband platforms and managed services. This includes software development, documentation and configuration, system integration and validation, as well performance testing.
The incumbent will be integrated and trained within an international team of highly skilled engineers and will gradually take more responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Support NMS and OSS/BSS development including requirement, design, specification, development, integration, release and software maintenance
* Develop multi-tenant operational support systems and user interfaces for managed services such as VoIP, Web-Conferencing, Cloud Storage and WiFi
* Participate in software development activities and facilitate the coordination of on-site and off-site development teams in coordination with technical managers
* Assist validation, deployment and operation activities in coordination with service managers
* Support the preparation of technical proposals in response to international tenders and the contribution to the development, implementation, and improvement of operational support systems
* Manage product documentation and configuration
* Develop automated unit and functional non-regression tests; define tests for new requirements and functionalities
* Development of an OSS/BSS systems for SES Techcom Services’ Managed WiFi Network and Bonding products
* Development of Network Monitoring System features of SES Techcom Services’ MoCoMe (Monitoring, Control & Measurement) products
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills. SES is an equal opportunity employer.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Sound analytical and judgment skills
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
* Ability to integrate into cross-functional and/or virtual project teams
* Good communication skills
Qualification & Experience
* Master Degree in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or equivalent
* Minimum one year of experience in software development, continuous integration and quality assurance
* Experience in other telecommunication sectors is considered as an asset
* Experience with Eclipse Integrated Development Environment and Microsoft Office Suite
* Acquaintance with distributed computing and message oriented middleware
* Knowledge of measurement equipment operations, preferably in the radio frequency range
* Experience in Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios would be an asset
* Strong interest in software development, continuous integration and software quality assurance
* Knowledge of TCP/IP communication, REST web services and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
* Knowledge of Perl, Mercurial, Jenkins/Nexus or Docker would be an asset
* Fluency in English, any other language is consider as an asset
Other Key Requirements / Comments
Willing to travel internationally and meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide
To apply : click here