Work as a System Operations Development Consultant at a renowned company based in Darmstadt, Germany that offers great opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders.
Profiler is a leading provider of expertise through corporate consulting, staffing solutions and HR services. We form the link between experts and companies from a wide range of industries. Our focus is in the IT, Communications Design and Aerospace Sectors
ROLE/FUNCTION: System Operations Development Consultant in Darmstadt, Germany
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Aerospace
CONTRACT: Full-Time Employment
WORKING LANGUAGE: English, French is considered an advantage
DEADLINE: 14 Jun 2017
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the key person shall have a demonstrated experience of at least five years in the field of Spacecraft Operations with specific experience as follows:
• Good system knowledge of the main functional elements of a ground system which are used for the monitoring and control of a satellite.
• Spacecraft monitor and control operations on SCOS based system.
• Experience of definition, development and validation of operations for the development of satellite ground segment facilities such as monitor and control, mission planning, onboard software management, ground stations monitoring.
• Relevant experience on configuration management of operational systems.
• Demonstrated experience in a similar key role for the validation and readiness status of specific operation preparation phases such as SSVT, validation campaigns or rehearsals.
• Operation Procedures development life cycle and Operation Preparation environment and configuration management for operational systems.
• Specification of system and operational concepts, facility requirements and external operational interfaces management.
• Fluency in English (the working language at EUMETSAT is English.)
NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS/CONSIDERED AS AN ADVANTAGE
Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage for the key person to have experience with some of the following:
• In-orbit System operations of Low Earth Orbit Earth Observation satellites.
• Specific Operational phases such as LEOP, SIOV, and Commissioning phases.
• Configuration management of operation baseline components on operational systems.
• System development life cycle, phases, reviews and deliverables.
The key person shall possess the following soft skills:
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be confident to deal with a wide variety of people.
• Good interpersonal skills to coordinate with team leaders and key stakeholders as well as in cooperation with industry and partner agencies.
• Perform effectively under high workloads and be able to adapt to a rapidly-changing time-critical environment.
• Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
The activities for this consultancy will cover Operation Preparation tasks focusing on the development of EPS-SG System Operations.
The activity requires one full time equivalent key person for the duration of the consultancy contract.
The Contractor shall be responsible for the following tasks:
• Responsible for the definition of the overall Operations Validation Plan (OVP).
• Implement and coordinate the OVP for the validation of the operational scenarios and support the SIM Officer during the simulation campaigns.
• Coordinate with IV&V team to deliver as necessary validated operational scenarios for V&V test cases.
• Responsible for the definition of system operation documentation for both nominal and contingency operations (System Ops Guides) in close coordination with OPS department.
• Develop and validate the end to end System Operation Procedures and Timelines for routine and contingency operations in coordination with satellite and system operations engineers.
• Coordinate with OPS team leaders to ensure compliance with existing OPS workflows and processes as per Operations Management Plan (OMP).
• In coordination with OPS teams, contribute to the Reference Operations Plan and ensure coherency with mission concepts.
• Ensure focal point of contact in OPIT for coordination with V&V team.
The work will be released in individual work packages specifying deliverables.