A vacancy for a Senior Network Design Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
The Senior Network Design Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer in conjunction with A&E Design rules to enable the production of site specific Network Designs covering Active & Passive, LAN & WAN requirements for the implementation to customer sites.
As a Senior Network Design Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations. The job holder will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment, de-commissioning the old equipment and sanitising to CESG standards. In parallel to all of these activities you will work and have meetings with MoD and other company staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Attend Site Survey Meetings
- Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
- Complete Site Specific Design documentation
- Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
- Produce configurations for network devices in line with customer requirements and rules
- Perform active installation, equipment testing and facilitate handover to remote Network Operations Centre – active installation can include removal of existing hardware where deemed necessary
- Produce ‘As Fitted' documents
- Achieve Design & Installation sign off from the customer
- Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or hold equivalent experience
- A Technical qualification (CCNP level) backed by extensive experience designing and delivering network solutions
- Working knowledge of Visio, Access & other Microsoft Office products
- Experience of Cisco 3560, 3750, 6509 & Nexus series (1K, 2K & 7K) switches, Bluecoat Packeteer, McAfee IPS and Riverbed Steelhead products
- Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
- Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode and multimode fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, Category 6 and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Employment Operations
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here