With more than 200 employees, this company makes a vital contribution to the international space industry in the current operational areas of Solar Arrays, Launching Structures, and Instruments Systems. In these areas they belong to the world top.
As Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) manager for optical instruments, you are responsible for the assembly, integration and test of optical instruments for the space sector.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In the early phases of a project you plan the AIT activities and coordinate with designers to achieve a design that is manufacturable and testable;
- You will also plan which Ground Support Equipment (GSE) is necessary for the instrument;
- You are involved in the procurement of the flight hardware and the GSE and you prepare the AIT phase by writing procedures and assigning people and resources;
- During the AIT phase, you are responsible for the instrument and will lead a team of 2 to 10 people who execute the AIT activities;
- This means that you make sure that the right amount of people, facilities, GSE, tools, and procedures are available at the right time;
- Depending on the size of the project and your team, you will help with the AIT activities themselves. Almost all AIT activities take place in a clean room.
- University degree in Physics, Optical Engineering or comparable qualification;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the AIT of optical space instrumentation;
- Your optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical knowledge is sufficient to discuss with specialists and to estimate risks;
- You are dedicated to deliver a product in time, meeting a high quality standard at the same time;
- Well-developed communication skills, used to work in a team;
- Sense of responsibility and an effective way of working;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Willing to learn Dutch.
- Willingness to travel.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.