SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Specialist, Communications & Global PR
Located in The Hague, the position is part of the global public relations team that is building the overall reputation of SES towards journalists and general public, and positioning SES through the relevant media channels, both online and offline. In this role you will manage and exchange regularly with PR agencies and affiliates. In particular, you will be working closely with the business units in the organisation on the preparation of news flows and narratives and exchange of strategic messages across the Communication PR network (incl. PR agencies).
* Develop PR and communications strategy and tactics for specific market verticals within the business units through working collaboratively with Commercial, Product, Strategy and Marketing teams;
* Identify, plan and execute public relations activities to support business strategies both globally and for specific regions through interviews and media outreach;
* Create communications packages, including press releases, press kits, fact sheets, Q&As, briefing documents, newsletters, bylined contributions, blogs, presentations, and more;
* Develop relevant PR and media campaigns for social media platforms and other digital platforms
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively interface with diverse internal and external customers
* Ability to create content for multiple audiences and varying media, with variability in tone and style
* Detail-oriented and disciplined with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced internatial environment
* Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and manage pressure
* Team player with a can do and positive attitude
* Demonstrated self-starter, creative and autonomous
Qualifications & Experience:
* Bachelor or Master degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
* 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar media or public relations role in a company or agency
* Proficiency in common computer programmes, especially Word, PowerPoint
* Knowledge of photoshop or other photo-editing and video-editing software .
* Experience and strong command of writing and editing practices in English
* Fluency in other languages are a strong asset
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
To apply : click here