A vacancy has arisen in our Guildford office for a Junior Systems Administrator / Operations Support to support two service domains:
- PDGS Services Domain – responsible for ensuring the day to day availability of the operational infrastructure supporting operational activities of the European Space Agency (ESA) satellite processing, archiving and dissemination projects.
- Copernicus Service Domain – providing support for ensuring the day-to-day availability of the service infrastructure, monitoring of the operational infrastructure, the deployment of new infrastructure, support to the Copernicus Service Domain operators as needed.
The PDGS Service Domain;
The European Space Agency manages a number of Earth Observation satellites. Each of these satellite missions require ground segment operations, for which Airbus is responsible for the processing, archiving and dissemination of the SWARM and the Sentinel-1 & Sentinel-2 satellite missions.
Copernicus Service Domain;
Copernicus is a European Union Programme aimed at developing European information services based on satellite Earth Observation (EO) and in situ (non-space) data. Established by the European Space Agency, the CDS (Coordinated Data Access System) layer and its subcomponents manage the specific end to end EO data delivery service to the Copernicus projects.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs. General:
- Monitoring and support of all infrastructure providing the operational services;
- Prepare inputs as required for inclusion in the monthly reporting provided to ESA;
- Provide input as required for updating the operational procedures and user guides;
- Ensure the execution of the tasks described continually meets or exceed the relevant contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Utilise the tools and constantly monitor their performance and look for any improvements that could lead to efficiency savings;
PDGS Operations duties and responsibilities
- The provision of operational support for all activities related to the successful delivery of the operational services to the Customer
- Monitoring of all required operational platforms including daily health checks and status of backups.
- Provision of cover for the operational activities supported by the PDGS Services Operations Team.
- Report and raise any software and hardware issues utilising the appropriate tools.
- Investigation and resolution of operational issues where possible.
- The raising of support calls for the resolution of hardware issues.
- Perform system recovery activities as necessary.
- Awareness of working instructions relating to the operation of all Operational Facilities.
- The identification of technical problems and possible solutions related to the Operational Facilities.
- Provision of detailed information relevant to Service reporting and the generation of internal reporting.
- Preparation of operational statistics when requested.
- Participate in technical meetings with/at the request of the Customer.
- Liaison with Engineering Support Teams as required.
- Liaison with the Customer as required.
KEY SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- Customer Service experience with a clear customer/client and user focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of computer operations in a service delivery environment is required
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Access
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration
- Knowledge of the implementation of VMware virtualisation
- Knowledge of storage clusters
- Understanding of network concepts and implementation
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here