Space Applications Services NV/SA performs and supports system and software engineering for the European Space Agency (ESA), National Space Agencies and the aerospace industry. We are involved in international manned & unmanned spacecraft programmes, earth observation, science, exploration, communications and related technology development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will join the Control and Data Centres team, whose activities cover the development of ground control systems, controlling the experiments done on board of the International Space Station, and different future space crafts, as well as the development of space weather related systems.
• The relevant activity for this position is the development of mission control systems for future unmanned and manned spacecrafts. In this activity, the software will be developed in the team according to detailed requirements, while following space related standards.
• Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the development of the system following the full software development cycle, including the production of high level documentation and while adhering the relevant standards.
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, you must have a 4 or 5 years university degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, ICT engineering or equivalent). The following capabilities are mandatory for the position:
• 2 to 5 years of experience in design and development of software implemented in Java. (Exceptional young graduates will be considered)
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle.
• Competent in writing high-quality software project documentation in English.
• Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator.
o Good understanding of IP networks, firewalls, VPN, PKI, routing.
o Open Source Server environment – OpenLDAP, FTP, Samba.
The following capabilities will be considered as an advantage for the position:
• Experience with Python and Django.
• Knowledge of CCSDS protocols: Packets, CFDP, MO, SLE.
• Knowledge and experience with ECSS E-40 standard.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.