A vacancy for an Infrastructure Design Authority has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
A senior IT systems architect is required for the Galileo GCS project to take full responsibility for the design of the supporting IT infrastructure. This is a high profile role on a major European programme to upgrade the satellite flight operations system for the Galileo GCS programme. A major refresh of the supporting IT infrastructure is a key aspect as is the migration during live operations. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Full responsibility for the design of the IT infrastructure supporting the Galileo GCS system.
• Detailed specification of the hardware baseline including networking, servers, thin clients etc.
• Detailed specification of virtualisation layer.
• Specification of key supporting applications including backup system, SSO, deployment system etc.
• Formal documentation of the detailed design.
• Verification that the design has been correctly implemented.
• Liaison with the system level design authority and engineering team on all technical matters
• Managing the customer interface for all issues relating to the IT infrastructure design
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Successful track record and experience of designing, developing and delivering technical integrated technical solutions
• Comprehensive working knowledge of the appropriate technologies: networks, servers, thin clients, SSO, VMware, storage technologies (including vSAN), backup applications, Linux.
• Strong written communications, and ability to write proposals, technical reports, design documents and project processes.
• Strong verbal communications and ability to confidently and coherently talk at all levels; engineers through to customers.
• Strong customer facing skills, integrity and confidence with good presentation skills
• Technical leadership, able to self-manage and direct/mentor the technical team, and to enforce technical direction in a matrix environment.
• Proven track record of developing solutions to strict delivery timescales and budgets
• Needs to understand detailed technical issues whilst maintaining a view of the bigger picture in consideration with strategic direction.
• Experience of mission critical systems and migration planning
• Significant experience of IT security engineering
• VMWare Certified Professional (VCP), SUSE Linux, SUSE manager (desirable) Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here