SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, Digital Communications Systems
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The position is responsible for the acquisition and realisation of commercial and innovation projects in the field of digital communications systems, including end-to-end communication solutions, communication modems, user terminals, satellite performance measurement systems and related security solutions.
The incumbent shall focus on identifying customers’ needs and required system functionalities early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, performing end-to-end system design, implementing and validating the latter, while always considering the complete project environment including operations, cost and schedule, performance, training and support, test, manufacturing, and disposal.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
* Specify, design, implement and validate satellite transmit and receive systems, comprised of communications and software elements and their interfaces to other subsystems
* Perform transmission analysis, in particular link budget calculations, and studies in support of business development and customer services
* Procure equipment, software and services necessary to build the infrastructure at customer premises and manage shipment
* Supervise specification, design, and development work necessary for project implementation, including project control functions
* Interface with customers and collect requirements for the setup of budgets, procurements, installation management and the operational handover of systems
* If required, implement complex communication systems at customer premises
* Provide pre-sales engineering support and coordinate with other SES departments for the transparent and effective realization of projects
* Attract contracts by managing or supporting customer requests for proposal (RFP), comprised of activities such proposal team set up and management, technical and financial proposal preparation, and contract negotiation
* Follow up on technology developments and make recommendations to management regarding evolution of SES products and services
* Participate in the design of future technology requirements in close cooperation with the Market Development team as well as with customers
* Profound project management skills (incl. budget management)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to demonstrate technical leadership focusing on system integrity throughout the system lifecycle
* Ability to integrate into and/or lead cross-functional and/or virtual project teams
* Innovative spirit and be business proactive
* Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
* Effective audience oriented communication
* Ability to work effectively independent as well as in interdisciplinary teams
* Conflict management skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to set priorities and to work under deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Master Degree or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science and/or Telecommunications (preferably with a specialization in signal processing) or equivalent
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in communications systems engineering
* Sound knowledge of digital signal processing and programmable devices (e.g. FPGA)
* Profound knowledge of transparent and regenerative satellite payloads
* Good knowledge of simulation tools and programming languages (e.g. AGI STK, MATLAB, C/C++, VHDL, Verilog)
* Awareness of international standards, guidelines and methods (e.g. PMI-PMP, ECSS, OMG SysML, INCOSE or SEBoK)
* Experience from working in an institutional or academic environment is considered as an asset
* Fluency in English and any other languages will be considered as an asset
* Willingness to travel internationally
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
* The incumbent shall take a leading technical and project management role in the development of a novel satellite performance measurement instrument. SES Techcom Services is leading the national project consortium, which implements this instrument by applying state of the art digital signal processing techniques as well as following an software defined radio philosophy.
* In an European Commission project in realm of Internet of Things, 5G PPP, emerging network architectures (SDN, NFV), the incumbent shall contribute to the project management and technical activities.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here