A vacancy for a Senior/Principle Design Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage. You will join the Mechanical Design Office.
• You will carry out Lead Designer activities for Spacecraft Structure design tasks.
• You will oversee day to day activities for a small team of Design Engineers ensuring all customer requirements are supported. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the control, correctness, accuracy and relevance of all drawings, models, Digital Mock Up (DMU), bills of materials and Engineering Change Notes as related to the configured items for allocated project (s) to cost and schedule.
• Ensuring all outputs from the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) are correct to the project requirements as stated by the core team (generally the Responsible Engineer) All the project DO outputs must be checked, signed and stamped by the lead design engineer to the checklists and CATIA procedures.
• Authorised design signatory for manufacturing drawings, BoM's and ECO's related to the allocated project.
• Specific responsibility for the estimation and planning of DO related activities and manpower requirements to meet those tasks. Allocation of manpower is sought through the Team Leader.
• Supervision and mentoring of other DO design engineers working on the project.
• Provide support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with working background the Aerospace industry.
• Excellent working knowledge and experience of CATIA V5.
• Strong Engineering & technical background including working knowledge of GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
• Practical understanding of Design solution.
• Experience managing a small team would be desirable.
• Experience managing work packages, dealing with budgets and headcount requirements would be desirable.
• Experience of VPM/3DCOM - Windchill BOM Management. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here