SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Manager, Corporate Development Middle East & Africa ( based in Dubai)
In this newly created position based in Dubai, you will support the VP, Corporate Development Middle East and Africa in ensuring the long-term success and right to win of SES in the Middle East and in Africa.
In this respect, you are a trusted advisor and support to the VP, Corporate Development and advise him on all matters related to corporate development initiatives in the region.
Your have the responsibility to pro-actively support or drive cross-functional initiatives and projects aiming at the resale or monetization of existing satellites, payloads and spectrum (or other assets) to third parties (including competitors and National Space Agencies) in the two regions .
The Manager, Corporate Development Middle East and Africa is furthermore in charge of supporting commercial transactions (auctions, bilateral agreements with competitors) aiming at gaining access to third-party satellites or spectrum to the benefit of SES with the support of the Spectrum, Fleet, Legal, Finance and other relevant internal teams.
The position finally supports in the coordination and management of various national satellite programs/initiatives in the region.
* Support the development of a coherent Corporate Development Strategy in the Middle East and Africa, and support the execution of the resulting regional strategic initiatives
* Proactively identify, qualify and assess relevant opportunities in coordination with the regional VP
* Identify, collect and analyze required data, structure the analysis and write internal and external presentations with meaningful outcomes and recommendations
* Track projects progress, identify issues, risks and potential mitigation plans
* Develop business cases and do the required modeling using excel in coordination with the VP and SES Finance
* Participate in acquisition and procurement projects/initiatives of existing satellites for SES from third parties to support the revenue generation process of the NBUs
* Help generate incremental revenue opportunities with third parties through supporting commercial spectrum deals entailing orbital rights to which SES has access
* Participate in commercial transactions (auctions, bilateral agreements with competitors) enabling access for SES to additional spectrum
* Support in the coordination and management of various national satellite programs / initiatives in the region. Coordinate with various SES internal departments and relevant external parties
* Support the VP in the identification and qualification of M&A targets in the region, act as regional subject matter expert, and provide support to Strategy, M&A, Business Innovation, Fleet, Asset Management and Spectrum when required
* Support the improvement of regulatory position in the region working in cooperation with Legal/Regulatory
Qualifications & Experience:
* University Degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Aerospace/Electronic engineering or related field ideally complemented by an MBA, Corporate Finance or Law degree
* At least 7 years of related work experience with ideally 5 years in the Telecommunication or Satellite industry
* Management Consulting experience would be a plus
* A previous experience in negotiating and closing relevant deals is considered an asset
* Good knowledge and understanding of the telecommunication industry, markets and services
* Good financial skills (corporate finance, understanding of accounting, tax, treasury)
* Some understanding of legal aspects related to commercial law, competition law and regulation
* Relationship builder able to effectively connect in the broader industry and at Government/Institutions level in the Africa and in the Middle East
* A previous experience in managing projects and cross-functional teams
* Excellent command of Excel and Powerpoint tools
* Fluency in English and Arabic. The knowledge of French is an important asset
* Collaborative individual, able to build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
* Execution orientation with the ability to deliver results despite a complex business environment
* Ability to work in teams towards timely and creative assessments and solutions
* Passionate individual with the energy to continuously sustain and accompany innovation and to understand change
* Communicator able to produce and present positions in a clear manner to a variety of internal and external audiences
* Relationship builder able to effectively connect in the broader industry and at Government/Institutions level in Africa and in the Middle East
* Eager to learn from dealing with transactions and related decisions
* Good project management
* Existing negotiation skills
* Eagerness to stay up-to-date on the industry, its developments and trends; maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments
* Consultative selling skills
* Proactive and results driven
* Diplomatic manner
* Cultural sensitivity
* Readiness to undertake international travel
To apply : click here