The Systems Engineer is responsible to the Systems Engineering Manager for the execution and delivery of assigned Work Packages and tasks to budget and schedule.
• Work with the Domains to build high performing Project, Product and Bid Teams
• Support all engineering aspects on Projects, Products and Bids, as required
• Provide quality processes and tools to assure effectiveness and efficiency.
• The Crawley Engineering Management team works with the Domains to create Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) for live projects/products and bids.
• Close coupling with the Domains and the Operations Hub.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• To execute Systems Engineering WPs and Tasks in accordance with the Company DDQS Process and the relevant Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and associated subordinate Engineering Plans.
• To work closely in support of the relevant Systems Engineering Manager to ensure the delivery of development WPs to cost, schedule and quality.
• To work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure the correct flow down of requirements and flow up of compliance evidence.
• To support Programme Management in the identification, mitigation and closure of Dependancies, Risks & Opportunities
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
• Team player who can interface well with engineering and manufacturing teams.
• Knowledge of existing Avionics SATCOM Products and System developments. In particular knowledge of Inmarsat services and Swift Broadband are sought (ARINC 781, 761 & 741)
• Good knowledge of Civil Aviation Communications Systems and Networks both current and future visions & trends
• Good understanding of Engineering Standards, engineering processes and maturity models
• Demonstrable experience and guidance to support RTCA DO-178B software development and DO-254 hardware development
• Good Communications skills
• Good analytical skills
• Decision making authority and other relevant information
• Authority as laid out in the Company policy and procedures
• Conformance required with appropriate quality standards and procedures.