SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, New Technology and Standards (Video & IP Technology)
The New Technology and Standards department is at the forefront of technology developments in the area of audio, video and data broadcasting via satellite. The department closely works with the industry and participates in standardization organisations to define, design and implement next generation broadcast architectures. This department has a special focus on all aspects related to consumer reception equipment innovation from satellite antennas, to satellite distribution, IP networking, satellite receivers, modems and display devices.
As a member of the SES Transmission & Reception Systems team, you carry out technical studies, concept engineering, specification and tests, end-to-end system implementation related to RF, IP and video aspects of transmission and reception systems as well as digital broadcast and networking matters of enhanced communication systems.
The role places strong emphasis on innovation and the introduction of new Video and IP technologies.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
* Maintain awareness of, study and evaluate new techniques and components for the transmission of video, audio and data signals, including multimedia applications and interactive services;
* Evaluate and customize the application of equipment, technologies and systems (e.g DVB-S2, DVB-S2X, DVB-RCS2,..) and support the preparation of corresponding concepts, specifications and recommendations to SES and its market partners;
* Evaluate the impact of changes to the overall transmission system (satellite characteristics, cost saving aspects, interference) on existing services;
* Implement enhanced broadcasting techniques and systems according to specifications;
* Actively participate in and contribute to the work of international standardization organisations, as required;
* Provide technical support to the industry for the development of systems and components for transmission, reception and networking;
* Support other tasks as required.
* A passion for technology and the aspiration to innovate;
* Interest in both theoretical aspects and hands-on work;
* Excellent analytical and abstraction skills ;
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
* Very good coordination, time management and priority setting skills;
* Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers and colleagues;
* Demonstrated ability to be a team player, take initiative and be flexible is essential;
* Positive person with a can-do mentality and readiness to go the extra-mile.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* University degree in telecommunications engineering or related field (electronic and, electrical or IT) ;
* Mimimum 1 year (engineer) or at least 7 years (senior) of relevant professional experience in satellite networking or television broadcasting, communications protocols and systems engineering;
* Knowledge of the technology, standards and market trends for satellite communications, digital broadcasting, Internet. In-depth knowledge of consumer electronics equipment, RF technology, computer programming, IP communication protocols, test equipment, wireless communications;
* Sound understanding of the commercial environment SES is active in. Understand customer business needs to be able translate them to functional and technical requirements;
* Fluency in English and additional knowledge of another language of the EMEA region; any other language is considered as an asset;
* Willingness to travel for attending 1-2 day standardization meetings.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here