• Prepare and administrate and monitor procurement actions, contracts as well as CCNs. Manage these processes in the ESA SAP system (esa-p) as well as in excel or other tools as required. This includes:
o Preparation of shopping carts, updating purchase orders and ensure that the status of each contract is maintained;
o Actively and timely manage all GRNs in the project;
o Creating and maintaining the milestone payment plans to ensure that the planning is up to date in esa-p (future estimated dates) and in related files if required;
o Prepare and maintain procurement actions: purchase orders, CCNs, contracts etc…
o Report on financial status of procurements and internal cost of projects as required;
• Support the Project Controller(s) in maintaining financial or procurement databases such as geographical return and cash and cost plans, actuals and deviations;
• Support in the administrative process of implementing the selection of sub-contractors;
• Maintain the list of actions, financial commitments/expenditures, manpower commitments/expenditures contract list;
• Prepare and assist in producing financial and programmatic status reporting as required;
• Monitoring of assigned contracts with respect to cost, payments, contract changes deviations and trends. Preparation of management reports on these areas;
• Support the Project Controller(s) in the introduction of new management or financial procedures/tools;
• Assist in the preparation of project audits if and when required;
• Knowledge of scheduling techniques & tools would also be an asset/appreciated although not mandatory for the position.
• The contractor is expected to be or become familiar with the Agency’s rules and regulation for tender actions, placing of contracts and the related monitoring, control and reporting on industrial contract and ESA internal expenditures. He / she is also expected to become proficient in the use of the Agency’s internal informatics tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks.
The contractor will be required to interface with colleagues in IPL-IS as well as with the Finance and Procurement Departments. The Assistant Project Control contractor will assist (and report) to Project Controller in charge of all New Member States Industry Incentive Schemes and Plan for European Cooperating States and report to the Head of the Section in IPL with the responsibility for New and Cooperating States. He / she will however be delegated to work and provide direct support to specific project controller.
• University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with typically 4 years of relevant experience.
• Several years of experience of project or financial control;
• Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes is a definite advantage;
• Highly proficient in modern planning and project control tools, office automation software and databases, such as MS office (including Excel);
• Experience with SAP would be an asset;
• Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to details;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
• Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world;
• Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other languages is an asset.