A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Hardware Engineer within the Communication Processors Group based in Stevenage.
The Communication Processors group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft. In this rewarding role you will be developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the digital telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are likely to include:
• Working as part of a hardware team designing complex digital communication processors, the key equipment on Telecoms satellite payload.
• Project involvement from negotiating the customer specification to delivering hardware.
• Working with suppliers to specify, develop and characterise high-performance mixed signal, ASIC and power integrated circuits.
• Design capture and performance analysis using state of the art techniques and toolsets.
• Pre and post layout simulations for signal and power integrity.
• Performing design analysis, ie parts stress, FMECA, worst case and reliability.
• Working closely with ASIC / FPGA designers and directing PCB layout engineers.
• Co-ordinating design analyses by company experts in areas such as thermal, mechanical, radiation and EMC.
• Researching and designing the next generation products, SiP, ALM etc.
• Experience of the complete hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and constraints capture.
• Design analyses and hands-on support of hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
• Electronic circuit design, digital and analog, debug, characterisation and design verification.
• Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level.
• Experience of the mentor graphics DxDesigner / CES flow.
• Knowledge of high speed digital and mixed signal circuit design.
• An understanding of power supply design.
• Experience of the FPGA and ASIC design process with Xilinx and Microsemi devices.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here