HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Galileo Ground Segment Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Galileo Ground Segment Operations Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Ground Operations Team, you will be responsible for the overall management of Galileo GCS GCC-D and GCC-I sites and have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare/support/execute system, segment and element operation validation activities, including the definition of validation scenarios, plans or test cases and the procedure development and validation, testing, result reporting;
- Develop/review/update Operations Plans and Operations Concept documents;
- Ensure/support databases preparation, coordination, synchronization and verification;
- Preparation of SCTC and simulation;
- Assist with the planning and coordination of GCS maintenance activities across both sites and GMS backup activities at GCC-D;
- Provide planning inputs and execution feedback for Ground Operations activities;
- Monitor performance of grounds services and trigger corrective actions;
- Handle incidents and anomalies (writing, processing, and support of review boards).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Experience in ground system operations engineering and execution, ILS or Maintenance;
- Knowledge of navigation ground segment such as Egnos or Galileo;
- Comfortable using Linux;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Oberpfaffenhofen. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DEB-SC-3536 before 10-Jul-17.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.