EGSE Integration Engineer Ref: 16-11603
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
For our customer, we are seeking ASAP an experienced Integration Engineer for the EGSE implementation with Industrial Computer System engineering background for an important satellite project who will be located in Toulouse. Beside other tasks you will be in charge of the clean room network, design, definition and implementation. You will have in this position high autonomy and a flat decision hierarchy. You will be in charge of making all EGSE communicate between each other, configure and validate the EGSE. The position is based in Toulouse but may require travels to Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA.
Typical activities to be undertaken are:
• Installation and configuration of the Central Checkout System and other EGSE elements
• Installation and configuration of the Central Checkout System
• Operational support on CCS system (CCS5)
• Validate interface between CCS and EGSE elements
• CCS / EGSE anomaly investigation
• CCS customization for customer need
• EGSE Network management
• Writing test procedures
This is a full-time position as a Terma employee for a placement in Toulouse, France, starting ASAP.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have preferably a university degree, in the domain of Telecommunications engineering, or Aerospace Engineering or other suitable qualification. The engineer has at least 2 years professional experience with the essential skills:
• CCS systems and EGSE
• Linux environment (usage and administration)
• Windows environment (usage and administration)
• Knowledge of spacecraft test languages – ELISA, TOPE
• CCSDS / PUS
• DB MySQL and MIB
• IT Network
• Virtual Machine
• Good communication attitude
• Good command of the English language
Highly desired experiences and competences:
• Good command of the French language
• CCS5 system
• AIT experience
• Operational support
• Experience in the space environment
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mr. Guido Damm by email [email@example.com] or telephone [+33 (0) 7.78.05.75.87].
Please apply to Mr. Guido Damm by email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe and pass the required security clearance.