Specific Tasks :
The holder of this post will be responsible for Project Control and Administration activities within the Copernicus Space Segment Programme. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support one or more Copernicus projects and will liaise closely with the Copernicus Space Segment Programme Controller and the related services inside and outside the Directorate. The post holder will report hierarchically to the Head of the Copernicus Project Control Section in the Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to one of the Copernicus Sentinel Project Manager.
Typical duties include:
• Preparing, maintaining and reporting on status of the Cost At Completion, including annual cost plans and manpower planning, identifying potential problem areas;
• Monitoring of financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
• Preparation, administration and monitoring of Copernicus procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc.) within ESA SAP system (esa-p) as well as other tools as required. In particular:
o Preparation of SAP Shopping Carts.
o Timely managing of all GRNs of the assigned project(s).
o Creation and maintenance of milestone payment plans to ensure the planning is up-to-date in esa-p and in related files as required.
o Reports on financial status of procurements and internal cost of project as required.
• Support in maintaining financial or procurement databases such as geographical return and cost plans, actuals and deviations;
• For all management, programmatic and financial related aspects:
contributing in the preparation of tender and contract change documents; supporting in the evaluation of proposals and of the Change Control /Review Boards;
• Interfacing with industry on all financial and administrative matters;
• Support the Copernicus Project Control Section in the introduction of new administration procedures/tools;
• Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits;
• Supporting the Project Control and Management Support Office in the efficient utilisation of the corporate SAP solution for all the applicable processes, analysing problems and finding solutions;
• Supporting the Project Control and Management Support Office in coordination with corporate organisation units in designing and producing valuable Management-Reports with respect to the Finref SAP solution.
Applicants should have a university degree (master) or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering or business administration/commercial field and at least 4 years of experience in the disciplines related to the tasks described. Knowledge of computer systems and information/planning/coordination tools is essential.
Applicants should have relevant experience in the Administration and Control of projects; in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases. Significant experience with SAP system is an asset.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must possess good judgment, integrity and good communications skills.
Working language is English.