• A university degree (Masters) in an engineering or similar technology related discipline.
• A background, with at least 4 years working experience, in a range of technologies relevant to space and experience in space projects and technology development.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary technical and institutional environment.
• Easy contact with personnel and well balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks.
• Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks and capacity to identify priority actions.
• Familiarity with electronics office automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, including MS Access) and techniques, electronic mailing, customised databases, and ideally, familiarity with ESA corporate tools.
• Prior experience with technology roadmaps and harmonization activities would be an asset, for example in scope of ESA or EU research programmes.
Under direct responsibility of the Head of Technology Planning Section, the post holder will contribute to the tasks of the Section including:
• Managing of the Technology Harmonisation process according to agreed procedures and in interaction with ESA Programmes, Technical Domain Leaders, Member States, and industry.
• Monitoring the implementation of roadmaps of harmonised technologies and providing relevant key-performance indicators.
• Establishing the European Space Technology Master Plan and maintaining data base of Member States capabilities and aspirations.
• Maintaining data base of industrial capabilities consistent with harmonization dossiers and roadmaps and coordinated with other users at system and discipline level.
• Supporting industry observation in coordination with other ESA Directorates and the TEC Quality Management Dept.
• Supporting for technology matters the identification of future cooperation with EU.
• Initiating internal and external studies as required supporting the harmonization process and other tasks of the Section.