Society is experiencing an unprecedented level of technological change and this is your chance to be at the heart of it. The SCISYS autonomy and robotics group have led the use of machine and now deep learning in European Space application development with a particular focus on Robotic Exploration of Mars. In recent years this work has found application in a range of robotic applications in a variety of terrestrial domains which are transforming many traditional ways of working. Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV) and more Recently Deep Learning have been central to our work.
We are seeking candidates with a machine learning and/or computer vision background who are ready to apply this technology and break new ground. The role will require candidates to develop and apply ML based analysis for large data processing problems and live robot analysis of complex scenes. The latter is currently pushing state of the art boundaries and we seek candidates who are ready for this challenge. Experience with robotic systems and technology is highly desirable but not essential. Robotic acquisition (AUV, UGV and UAV) of data is an essential enabler for our ML based analysis and candidates will be expected to liaise with the wider robotics and autonomy team. This position has innovation at its heart. This is your chance to be at the forefront of applying ML/CV applications to a host of new robotics and data processing applications including Mars Exploration.
Tasks will include support for novel system concept design, integration and test for both space and non-space applications. In addition to concept development and engineering tasks, candidates will be expected to present and communicate any work undertaken in both commercial and academic environments. The work will be based in our Bristol UK offices.
* An MSc in Computer Science or similar, a Ph.D. in a relevant field would be more favourable
* Experience in Machine / Deep Learning and the implementation of algorithms for real-world problems (ideally using libraries such as Tensorflow and Caffe )
* Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C++, Perl, or C# on Linux and Windows platforms
* Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Blumix, Google and so forth) is desirable but not essential
* A thirst for innovation
* Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
* Eligibility to work and live in the UK
* Ability to work autonomously and technically interact with customer representatives.
* Ability to integrate easily into the existing team, both technically and socially.
* Ability to interpret and write Technical Documentation.
* Ability to travel – Full UK Driving License is desirable but not essential
* Familiarity with Matlab
SCISYS offers a comprehensive range of benefits including pension, life assurance and private healthcare. For more details about SCISYS, please visit our website, www.scisys.co.uk