Specific Tasks :
The multidisciplinary project coordinator set up projects involving mainly electrical, mechanical and civil fields of expertise. He/she first proceeds to the procurement according to the ESA procedures and rules:
• Preparation of technical description of the work to be performed in coordination with the facilities users (offices, laboratories, and/or Test Centre).
• Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the Procurement Department of ESA.
• Support to evaluation of the bids and negotiation with the recommended contractor.
• The project coordinator shall the be responsible for the implementation phase:
o Organisation, monitoring and follow-up of the work.
o Cost control of the projects according to ESA budgets.
o Delivery of the project according to ESA Acceptance Procedures.
• He/she provides ESA/ESTEC with warnings of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
• Proven record in ensuring project cost control.
• Good knowledge of ESTEC Site and Infrastructure needed to perform activities in satellite tests and laboratories, and a good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
• Ability to work with the following software packages: MicroSoft XP operating system, CIFM based on Archibus software, MS Word, Access, Excel and Projects, Lotus Notes.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and a talent for negotiating and problem solving. They must have proven ability to work effectively to meet deadlines under demanding circumstances in an environment of diverse cultures.
• Experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and international procurement technology would be an asset.