Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a RF Test Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) department is looking for an RF Test Engineer. This role sits within the Satellite Payload Test and Validation work stream.
The RF Test Engineer is typically responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team. Main responsibilities include the test procedure preparation in line with the test requirements prior to the delivery to the clean room, test readiness preparation, assessment and support during the test phase, evaluation for access and
The role includes taking part in the long term development of procedures and test procedure automation.
This role would suit a post grad or early careers candidate as training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance
with business needs.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
RF Test Engineer for Telecom Payload. The RF Test Engineer is typically responsible for the preparation of the test procedures that will be used for the different test phases, as well as to provide operational support to the AIT Operations team.
The role also includes the support of the long term development roadmap for the products and tools used.
Functionally, the role reports to the head of the Payload Test Managers Team.
On project and for day to day activities, the RF Test Engineer supports the head of the Payload Test Managers, who manages the workload of the team between project preparation and support and longer term development activities.
- As part of the RF Engineering Team, will be in charge of the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects.
- To support projects and cascade knowledge to other payload test Engineers.
- Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
- Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs. Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
- Support the engineer in charge of the project customization phase and the payload test manager in the definition the test
planes and interfaces. The RF Engineer will support the investigation of non-conformances, contributing to problem solving,
implementation of investigations and corrective actions as detailed by the NRB.
- Take an active role in the Payload AIT Test Continuous Improvement through Lessons Learnt and Second Closure
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Qualifications and/or Skills
An Engineering degree with a specialisation in RF / Electronics / Aerospace.
Knowledge in instrumentation is desirable but not essential.
¤ Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems.
¤ Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF
Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc)
¤ Teamwork with good communication skills.
¤ MS Office (Word, Excel)
¤ Previous industrial experience is not mandatory.
¤ Telecom Payload
¤ Result processing
¤ Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
¤ Leadership attributes
¤ Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
¤ Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns.
¤ Availability to work abroad as well as shift, 'on-call' and weekend working as required
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for
monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
To apply : click here