A vacancy for a CAD Process Team Leader has arisen at Airbus Defence & Space in the Stevenage Mechanical Design Office.
The CAD Process Team Leader is in charge of the definition and development of all mechanical design processes to be applied by MDO staff in Stevenage, together with co-ordination of CAD Process across all Airbus Defence and Space MDO offices in co-operation with other CAD Process owners. You will provide CAD process support and training to all Stevenage MDO CAD and D.O. teams.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs. Main activities of the role:
• Process owner and definition of CAD Process in support of all Stevenage MDO design and drawing office activities, principally using CATIA V5 and V6, in conjunction with related PDM and ERP software and systems(3DCom, Engineering Central SPRINT, Windchill etc).
• Definition of tools and identification of tool development related to CAD activities.
• Identification of CAD software/hardware problems and resolution form local to transnational level.
• Identification and definition of data exchange processes and data formats to achieve efficient local to transnational data sharing and communication.
• Contributes to the maintenance and update of CAD software/hardware, maintaining a status record of workstations, licences, and planning and implementation of updates in co-operation with CAE and IM.
• Contributes to maintaining records of user requests, identification and tracking of problems and difficulties.
• Identification of and delivery of training plus the development of training aids, tools and documentation.
• MDO I/F with other CAD Process responsible at other Airbus sites.
• Improve CAD Process through application and implementation of new techniques available through CAD software and development of automatic processes where appropriate to maximise design efficiency.
• Responsible for the automation design for CAD activities, overseeing and/or taking on automation (VB development and scripting) activities.
- More than 5 years in mechanical design activities using Catia V5 or V6.
- Extensive Catia V5 experience including automation.
Experience in the following fields:
- Mechanical Design,
- Process design / development.
- Drawing and Design office practice – configuration control, document management.
- Good vision of mechanical design office & manufacturing activities, able to take decision and be proactive on improvement
- Automation using CATscript, VBA or VB.net required.
- Solid understanding of 3D as master principles.
- Experience of other 3D applications and technologies (VR, Delmia, ALM etc) would be an advantage. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here