Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space
This is an exciting opportunity to step into the world of space operations supporting our customer DLR in Oberpfaffenhofen (near Munich) with various multimission projects. We are searching for two Spacecraft Controllers, which should start latest 01.10.2017. The position is full-time and permanent. Deadline for submissions is 28.07.2017.
- Certification as a Spacecraft Controller managing both LEO as well as GEO satellites
- Supervision of system performance and of automatic service provision to customers
- Offline preparation for upcoming missions
- Maintenance of actual mission planning data and the mission schedule
- Monitoring of the health status of all satellites components
- Monitoring the use of the satellite payload
- Performing cross trainings across different missions
- Level-l response to anomalies, based on procedures
- Data collection after anomalies
- Activation of engineering support if required
- User Help Desk first Response
- Regular Shift work (24/7)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering or any other technical field. This requirement could be relaxed in case of work experience in the area of spacecraft operations
- Some experience in satellite and/or ground segment operations
- Knowledge of Linux and MS Office
- Security Clearance upto Ü2 (Secret) will be requested. It will be organized by the company
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Basic Proficiency in German language is a must i.e the applicant must be able to at least converse in simple German
- Collaborative and team worker
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Good communication skills
- Solution oriented
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. We support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Franziska Volk.