Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of ITS - IT Support. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Reporting to the Corporate Business Process Manager, the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Engineer is responsible for optimal selection of ICT suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency. The postholder will carry out the following specific duties:
• Overseeing ICT market trends with focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products;
• Analysis and assessment if trends in the ICT market, build and maintain relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management;
• Monitoring the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ICT suppliers for the agency;
• Analyze and utilize for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in market;
• Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price negotiations;
• Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency;
• Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while selection of suppliers.
Specific qualification requirements
• Master’s degree in Information technology;
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional working experience with ICT vendors;
• Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software;
• Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products;
• An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
• Proven negotiation skills;
• Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
• All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
• Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
• The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class: E3.
• Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
• The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
• Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
• Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
• Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 16 August 2017 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email email@example.com quoting reference ITS-45. Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 22 August 2017, 13.00 hours.