SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Engineer, Spacecraft Subsystem Thermal & Power is responsible for the in-orbit operations and performance monitoring of the Electrical Thermal and Power subsystems of the satellites, as well as support to spacecraft planning, design and procurement.
Position based in Luxembourg - Betzdorf.
* Provide Electrical Thermal & Power expertise to nominal and contingency operations of the satellites
* Support spacecraft operations and configuration changes, including generating or reviewing Operational Task Orders, configuration validation and direct supervision over critical spacecraft commanding
* Develop and/or validate nominal and contingency procedures and tools
* Provide on-call support and react to contingencies for the Electrical Thermal and Power subsystems of the satellites per established escalation procedures
* Pro-actively monitor the Electrical Thermal/Power subsystems to identify degraded performance, anticipate scenarios and take appropriate action. Develop and maintain tools for evaluating and trending health to maximize satellite safety, availability and longevity, including Thermal/Power budgets and satellite capacity predicts
* Provide support to new satellite procurement activities, in-orbit testing, and start of service activities
* Directly interface with internal and external parties in relation to the responsibilities of the subsystems, including Satellite Manufacturers, planning, insurance and other internal or external requests/reporting
* Contribute to a continuous effort to more effectively and efficiently manage the satellite in-orbit operations, including processes, procedures, monitoring, and Ground Control System improvements
Experience / Qualifications
* A Master’s Degree in Engineering, with a specialization that includes electrical/electronics engineering is mandatory. Additional specialization in thermal control would be considered an advantage
* Previous experience or exposure to satellite engineering and operations is an asset
* Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to acquire detailed technical information within pre-defined deadlines and apply it in day-to-day situations
* Have strong computer software skills with proficiency in at least one programming language
* Ability to react to contingencies and cope with high stress situations
* Fluency in English, with strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Team spirit and ability to integrate into an international environment
To apply : click here