A vacancy for a Technical Authority has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage, Hawthorn or Newport and as part of the Technical Authority (TA) team you will be part of the Centralised Engineering organisation.
The Technical Authority team are responsible for maintaining the technical strategy and roadmaps ensuring that the network and service evolution are in line with this strategy. Our customers include, but are not limited to, Skynet 5 Engineering, Programme Office, Network infrastructure and pre-sales across all Airbus Defence and Space owned sites.
This role provides design leadership in accordance with the strategy and roadmaps Technical Governance through the Maturity Gate process, together with network architecture design and support where new technologies or design patterns are being introduced, contribute to projects where knowledge is required. Occasional travel is expected to both UK and European Airbus sites as programmes require.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role. - Supporting the ongoing definition of the technical strategy with input from the communities of interest.
- Defining, and supporting, new system and service designs were new design patterns are defined, in conjunction with the required engineering and operation to ensure efficient, supportable end-to-end services.
- Rapid assimilation of system information to provide technical governance to programmes in accordance with the Maturity Gate process.
- Support to business development activities with design expertise ensuring alignment with the technical strategy.
As part of the Technical Authority team you are expected to be pro-active in maintaining your subject matter expertise and knowledge of relevant emerging technologies, highlighting potential synergies and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of value to Airbus.
Whilst this is not a people management position the role holder will be providing leadership to ensure the Technical Authority aspects are covered working in cross-team environment, to achieve business goals.
• Develop and deliver messages to guide MOD thinking providing network coherence and direction.
• Support technical coherence of near, mid- and long-term plans for evolution of services and infrastructure.
• Ensure future network evolution is aligned to support future service delivery.
• Support the Maturity Gate review process as required by the programmes.
• Support technical studies as needed.
• Maintain the subject matter expertise and knowledge of relevant emerging technologies.
• Investigate Emerging Technologies working with Product Marketing.
• Generate new service ideas for consideration by the Product Marketing Idea Screening process.
• Support development of new Services, SKYNET 5 and others as directed by Product Marketing.
- The applicant will have a thorough understanding of network design principles and architectures including IP, MPLS and SATCOM.
- A broader understanding of military or secure networks would be an advantage.
- The applicant will be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills able to analyse complex and incomplete information. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here