The service will consist of:
Support the HRAF (Harwell Robotics and Autonomy Facility)-related technology activities:
• Support the HRAF second Pilot phase
• HRAF EDLS distributed simulation federation and model driven engineering framework
• Overall development of the Virtual Laboratory/Digital Archiving for HRAF, in particular first operational tool implementation activity.
• Use of HRAF for the AMBITION activity
• Support on-going technology development activities related to rover technologies and operations as well as future Mars related system studies, with particular focus on Sample Fetch Rover.
• Support the development of the spaceship ECSAT, a new enterprise of the Exploration Programme, which is dedicated to initiate low-TRL activities for verification and validation of autonomous systems in collaboration with industry/institutes.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• University Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline;
• SysML (Magic Draw), XML, Java, C++, matlab/simulink, ROS
• Distributed simulations, middleware technology (HLA, CCSDS MO, …)
• Experience in database development and maintenance
• Experience in system engineering tools like ESA-AF, OCDT…
• Experience with ESA developed tools like 3DROV, 3DROC, simsat…is an asset.
• Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.