Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of FAM - Facility Management.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Electrical Technician will support the ESTEC Electrical Engineer(s) in all aspects of electrical engineering tasks and be appointed as a “Work Responsible” in control of work activities on High and Low Voltage, in accordance with NEN(EN) 50110.
The core task of the Electrical Technician will be:
• Support in preparation of technical specifications, engineering and implementation for “ad-hoc services” (up till €50.000,-);
• Follow-up and supervision of tasks related to “ad-hoc services” up till €50.000, so called Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Request for Works (RFW);
• Supervision of preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance works on all electrical installations, like: Normal Power; Emergency Power; Uninterruptable Power production and distribution grids, Earth and Lightning protection systems, Fire detection and Evacuation Systems, Light Control, Public Address system, Energy & Power Management systems, SDAS, Access Control systems; Closed Circuit Television; Universal Cabling Systems;
• Participate in meetings with the subsequent relevant technical input;
• On-call availability outside working hours in case of technical problems, operational requirements or technical emergencies at ESTEC site.
Specific qualification requirements
• The working languages within the section are English and Dutch. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language.
• The Electrical Technician should have MBO level (or equivalent in other education systems) for Electrical and/or Electronics techniques.
• Proven knowledge of NEN-EN-50110, NEN-1010, NEN3140, NEN3840.
• At least 5 year experience in organization and control works on the Low Voltage installations (400V/230V).
• At least 5 year experience in organization and control works on the High Voltage installations (10kV).
• Working skills in the using Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Access and Project).
• Working skills in using Archibus FM (CIFM).
• A valid certification conform “Veiligheid Hoog- en Laagspanningsinstallaties – niveau IV/WV” is a good advantage, or readiness to get this certification.
Legal and Security Requirements
• All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
• Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
• The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class: E2.
• Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
• The standard working hours are 32 per week (0,80 FTE). There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
• Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
• Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
• Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 18 August 2017 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email email@example.com quoting reference FAM-46.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 24 August 2017, 13.00 hours.