The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator with strong competencies in related technologies, to join our team of IT systems engineers working at our customer, EUMETSAT, site in Darmstadt, Germany. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting database infrastructure design, maintenance, automation, optimization and implementation of new and existing Oracle11g and Postgres databases.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Oracle 11g database installation and support;
- Postgres database installation and support;
- Oracle to Postgres databases migration;
- Database design and planning for the new applications;
- Database performance monitoring and enhancements;
- Maintenance of the relevant documentation;
This is a full time position, located at our customer’s in Darmstadt, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Competencies
You have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, and demonstrable experience in the required competencies.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in the field with focus on
- More than 3 years of Postgres SQL and Oracle database
- More than 3 years of GNU/Linux and/or AIX experience in a business
- PostgreSQL to Oracle and Oracle to Postgres migration experience
In addition, you should have the following characteristics:
- Good written and verbal communication and team working skills;
- Able to work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, in
particular in relation to applying engineering standards and methods;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, able to work independently;
The working language is English. Fluent spoken and written English is required.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link https://www.epos.dk/REK/Terma/Joblist/ShowJobOffer.aspx?dbalias=EposREC_Terma&lang=en&jobOfferEntityId=1228&joblistId=1 with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Closing date: 31st October, 2017
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.