Considered using your project management capabilities to deliver software that control spacecraft?
SCISYS delivers a wide range of software services, solutions and consultancy to our clients, such as the European Space Agency. We develop robust, real-world software and provide supporting services that create real benefit to our customers. SCISYS’ solutions are also frequently at the core of our client's operations and therefore critical to their business. For example, we are delivering software that will navigate a rover on Mars, allows spacecraft controllers to develop their operational procedures or investigate novel data transfer mechanisms between a spacecraft and Earth. Delivering these solutions requires partnership and mutual trust, which we pride ourselves on and promote amongst our workforce.
SCISYS is an established company in the space sector and aims to be a pivotal player in facilitating the current opportunities within the sector. SCISYS is therefore looking to strengthen and recruit to assist the growth of our business.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. We support new ideas and are focused on innovation. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
SCISYS welcomes applications from experienced Software Project Managers to provide direction and commercial leadership within the Space division based in our Bristol office in the UK. We are looking for an ambitious, innovative and results driven Project Manager with a proven track record. This position will appeal to a person looking for a dynamic role on a broad range of projects and who wishes to share best practices within our project management community.
Key responsibilities are:
* To manage a project including people, equipment, facilities and subcontractors from initiation to close, to ensure that the project produces the required deliverables, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
* Contribute to estimation and contract or change control negotiations, as required, as well as identifying the skills, resources and tools needed for the project.
* Allocate tasks and roles to the project team with clear expectations in terms of outputs, schedule and effort whilst ensuring the team remain motivated for the work.
* Liaise with the customer regularly to ensure that their expectations are fulfilled or managed.
* Liaise with the Operations Manager to highlight any risks and to regularly discuss progress, alerting any exceptions and issues requiring action.
* Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary.
* Creation and maintenance of the project plan, as well as management and reporting documentation.
* Manage all software licenses and intellectual property rights within the project.
* Proven experience in the management of bespoke software development projects in a technical domain
* Demonstrating ownership for the management of both schedule and cost covering budget and risk mitigation strategies
* Proven project management skills covering planning, monitoring and control, change management and delivery.
* Experience of managing the whole software development lifecycle (specification, design, development, integration, testing, delivery and maintenance)
* Experience of managing concurrent projects and using different methodologies or price types (e.g. waterfall vs agile, firm fix price vs time & materials)
* The ability to facilitate and improve process improvement through leadership and ownership.
* Customer relationship management.
* Team player and team leader
The following would be an advantage:
* Experience of managing as a prime a subcontractor or consortium of subcontractors
* Experience of interfacing with prime and sub-contractors
* Experience of managing contracts with customers or partners in Europe
* A recognised Project Management Qualification
* Exposure to contractual issues (e.g. review of contracts, contract change)
* Understanding of software licenses and Intellectual Property Rights
* Bid Management experience
Understanding of the space industry and associated technologies may be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite for the role.
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
* Occasional travel will be required to sites in the UK and Europe
* Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and able to obtain necessary security clearances
* Must be flexible and willing to work out on site if necessary
SCISYS offers a comprehensive range of benefits including pension, life assurance and private healthcare.