Vitrociset Belgium, a Vitrociset Group company, can claim almost 30 years of experience in the field of space operations & engineering activities, starting in 1982 with the European Space Agency.
Today Vitrociset Belgium is the Corporate Group's "center of gravity" for the Space activities in central Europe.
With the headquarter located in Belgium and permanent offices presence close to ESA's centers ESOC (D), ESTEC (NL) and ESAC (SP), the company offers you major opportunities at its many sites abroad, an international environment and assignment to prestigious clients (ESA, ESO, CNES, EUMETSAT, ASTRIUM).
Please send your application for this role to Ms. Roxana Sasu at: email@example.com
Support Project Managers in the following tasks:
1) preparing dedicated Project breakdown structure and derive the associated Project
Management Plan (PMP). The PMP shall describe:
The Project development logic (Project lifecycle) including the interrelation with its related Programme and/or with other Upgrade Projects
The Project Phases and planning, including the definition of the objectives for the major Project Reviews
The management processes to be implemented during the Project lifecycle
The product tree
The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and associated Work Package (WP) descriptions, including the estimated effort required to perform the WP when applicable
The resources (human and non-human) allocated to on-going Projects
The Key Performance Indicators used to monitor and control the progress of on-going Projects
The Project schedule up to hand over to the related Programmes (still in Phase C/D) or to the Operational Readiness Review of Upgrade Projects, including the identification of the Critical Path and schedule indicators
The PMP will rely on the existing TSS management arrangements, guidelines and processes, the inputs provided by the EUMETSAT Directory of Instructions and the lessons learnt drawn from previous implementations.
2) updating/maintaining the PMPs for ongoing Projects during their lifecycle.
3) maintaining a Critical Item List and an Action Item List during the Project lifecycle.
4) in managing Project risks and associated mitigation actions
5) the preparation of synthetic progress reports for internal and external purposes
6) the preparation of presentations for internal and external purposes, attending the relevant Project progress meetings and documenting and tracking the decisions and actions discussed and agreed
7) the preparation and the execution of Project, including system engineering life cycle and processes definitions, Project Reviews from a management standpoint, as well as the organization of dedicated key checkpoints.
8) The maintenance of the Project Schedule
The activities will be performed at Vitrociset Belgium’s premises with regular periods of service provision at EUMETSAT’s premises in Darmstadt (2 working weeks per month).
The key person shall have at least 5 years’ experience in providing service support on Project Management disciplines, preferably to International Organizations in the Earth Observation domain.
• A University degree in a relevant discipline;
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in
Project Management disciplines (e.g. risk management, action control, reporting, planning), ideally with a PMP certification;
development life cycle system engineering
• Sound knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably ISO9001;
• Good office computing skills with a familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks with the minimum of supervision.
All Key Persons should preferably have experience of working on a collaborative and multi- disciplinary environment.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the Key Persons must be able to work effectively in this language.
Please be advised that by submitting your CV or other content to us, you agree to the administration, processing and storage of any personal data for the purposes of recruitment processes. The agreement covers the processing of personal data by Vitrociset Belgium even after finishing the recruitment process to submit further proposals for employment and may be revoked at any time.
Come and join us! More information at: http://wwww.vitrocisetbelgium.com/