You will have the opportunity to be responsible for overseeing activities required to customise Offline A&R for the MetOp-SGlA and Met0p-SG1B satellites, which share a largely common platform but different instruments.
This position is based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Validation and verification of ingestion of data from the Operational Ground Segment
• Definition and prototyping/development of Python scripts necessary to perform all routine analysis resulting in time-series data or events. After these have been incorporated into the CHART system by the Software Team such that their results are written to the Validation Database, the Contractor will be responsible for validating the results before authorising their release to the Operational Instance.
• Definition of report structures in xml, and if necessary addition to the existing library of Python 'widgets' used to plot and display data.
• Provision of consultancy to GS and MME teams with regard to oflline tools and storage capability.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
• You are fluent in English.
• You have at least 4 years experience in a relevant field with specific experience/knowledge as follow:
• Scripting skills, especially in Python and SQL
• Data analysis and visualisation/synthesis skills
• Understanding of Spacecraft Monitoring and the principles of Telemetry Packetisation
• Be a self-starter capable of learning the CHART system with a minimum of supervision.
• Capable of developing and validating analysis based on test data from the Simulator and SSVT which may not be fully representative, and identifying any risks or limitations.
• Work in teams and good interpersonal skills to coordinate with team leaders and key stakeholders as well as in cooperation with industry and partner agencies.
• Perform under high workloads and prioritise work effectively.
• Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have knowledge of the ECSS E-70-41: Telemetry & Telecommand Packet Utilisation standard;
• You have knowledge of the mission control systems SCOS, Database, Procedures Editor environments;
• You have experience in configuration management of operation baseline components on operational systems;
• You have knowledge of SQL and database management tools.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 03/10/2017.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.