You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to EOP-SF for Mission and System Studies at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• You will be supporting the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA Earth Observation missions, in particular for Copernicus Sentinel Evolution, new Earth Explorer/Earth Watch missions and operational meteorology missions
• You will be reviewing Technical Notes and actively participate to progress meetings related to EO future mission and system studies
• You will be supporting elaboration of SoWs for future mission and system studies
• You will be contributing to ensure the technical coherency of the system design of future EO missions, including, as needed, functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets, system performance analyses, definition of spacecraft and/or payload subsystems and related data processing
• You will be performing internal studies for future EO missions, in particular to assess the results of external activities or to prepare the formulation of new mission concepts
• You will be supporting work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects and of end-to-end performance simulation
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a good general knowledge of ESA Earth Observation missions
• You have a strong and demonstrated background in space system engineering and mission analysis, in particular for Earth Observation missions
• You have experience in space projects, preferably in the Earth Observation field and/or in preparatory activities (phase 0 and A)
• You have good communication and technical writing skills,
• You have good organisation skills,
• You are methodical and proactive, with initiative and capability to work independently
• You have a problem-solving oriented attitude
• You have the capability to synthesise, summarise and take conclusions
• You are fluent in English
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have experience in system design
• You have experience in space system design, mission analysis and small platform sizing
• You are experience with MATLAB, STK and MS Excel
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21/12/2017.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.