A vacancy for a CAD Process Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
The CAD Process Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of CAD process to ensure the mechanical design is of a high quality, is efficiently created, updated and is consistent across the group. The CAD process engineer is to become the Stevenage CAD focal point under the direction of the CAD process team leader.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
* To give guidance and user support to the Stevenage CAD community to improve the quality and consistency of data, efficiency of the CAD processes.
* Identification of training needs and development of training aids, tools and documentation. Clear and interactive communication with the CAD users on these topics.
* Definition of CAD Process in support of all Stevenage Mechanical Design Office, 3D design and drawing office activities, principally using CATIA V5 and V6 3Dexperience, in conjunction with related PDM and ERP software and systems (3DCom, Engineering Central, SPRINT, Windchill etc).
* Identification of CAD software/hardware problems and resolution from local to transnational level.
* Contributes to maintaining records of user requests, identification and tracking of problems and difficulties.
* Mechanical Design office interface with other CAD Process teams across other Airbus sites.Experience:
* Proven experience in mechanical design activities using Catia V5 or V6 3Dexperience.
* Delivering CAD user support is desirable but not necessary.
* General drawing and design office practice including configuration control and document management.
* Aerospace or space industry background is desirable.
* Extensive Catia V5 or V6 3Dexperience knowledge including:
o General workbenches including part design, product design and surface.
o FTA and 3D as master principles.
o Powercopies and knowledgeware.
* Solid understanding of 3D as master principles.
* Experience of other 3D applications and technologies (VR, Delmia, ALM etc) would be an advantage.
* Good vision of mechanical design office & manufacturing activities,
* Able to make decisions and be proactive on improvements.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.