Passionate Equipping Design Engineer wanted for an exiting career in Space!
Are you looking for a role where you can support the Equipping Design process during the whole life cycle? Are you looking for a role where your eye for details, methodical and systematic design skills are essential? Then this is the role for you!
You will be joining the Equipping team looking after multiple projects, working within the Mechanical Platform group which performs the detailed design of geosynchronous communications spacecraft and other developments.
The Equipping team define components on the spacecraft, including heatpipes, paint, thermostats, heaters, thermistors, second surface mirrors, mainly thermal multilayer insulation together with tybases and connector brackets.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK BPSS Security Clearance to undertake the role.
* Liaising with the design office and other groups to optimise the design definitions.
* Accountability for signing off the design and responsibility for the output of the team.
* Organising regular meetings - agreeing and tracking data deliverables.
* Checking the design office output (drawings, 3D models etc.) and being responsible for the release of drawings.
* Managing and providing technical guidance to the design office.
* Managing relevant work-packages and providing input for the control of costs and schedule as required by the projects.
* An Appreciation of CATIA V5 or CATIA V6 is desirable.
* Good verbal and written communication skills - as you will be knowledge sharing within internal and external departments.
* Ability to Manage people from different disciplines.
* Experience of working within the Engineering, Telecoms, Automotive, Space, Aerospace or similar industry.
* Any knowledge / experience of PDM tools (specifically Windchill) is desirable - however training is provided.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.