You will have the opportunity to contribute to the support to Exploitation Platform infrastructure activities, supporting projects building Exploitation Platforms for online processing of Earth Observation data in commercial cloud environments. This position is based in Frascati, Italy.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• You will look after the development and operations of such platform, data discovery and access, with a particular focus to data processing and chaining, data analytics and visualization.
• You will perform a range of tasks across the lifecycles of future and operational programmes in support of our client’s in contributing also to the definition of:
• architectures of data processing for science and commercial online exploitation of satellite data
• the interfaces between them, including product content and format descriptions,
• validation and verification methods
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have University degree in Engineering, Information Technology.
• You have 2-4 years of experience in developing processing systems for scientific data processing and reprocessing.
• You have demonstrable experience in High Throughput Computing, High Performance Computing, Cloud Computing stack, Big Data or other distributed computing technologies
• You have practical experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have hands-on experience in basic system administration/configuration
• You have knowledge of ECSS, PMI and other project management standards
• Experience in European Commission, CEOS or GEO projects and international collaborations
• Knowledge of Exploitation Platform strategy, context and activities
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 22/01/2018.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.